Escape to a place where ivory sails dot the horizon and you can surf on New Year’s Day. Redondo Beach, California, the southern most of the South Bay’s three beach cities, is known for providing the Southern California beach lifestyle as you imagine it. Stretch out on a clean white sand beach, hit the waves for unrivaled surfing and boating, or take a leisurely stroll up the majestic esplanade and admire the quirky boutiques.
Although Redondo Beach is famous for its collection of multi-million dollars homes and celebrity appeal, the city actually attracts a wide diversity of residents centered in tight-knit communities, something that gives Redondo Beach a genuine personality apart from being a tourist attraction. Ready to start planning your Redondo Beach vacation? Start with these helpful California travel tips.
- Population: 65,000
- Total Area: 6.43 sq. mi.
- Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time (PST)
- Neighboring Cities: Torrance, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hawthorne, Lawndale
- Distance to Los Angeles: 20 miles
- Distance to Los Angeles Airport (LAX): 7 miles
- Primary Attractions: Redondo Beach, the Municipal Pier and Del Amo Fashion Center
- Primary Activities: Surfing, Boating, Water Sports, Beach Volleyball
- Closest Medical Centers: Little Company of Mary Hospital (2 miles), Community Hospital of Gardena (6 miles)
Why delay that fantastic beach getaway? Turn your Southern California travel into a resort vacation without paying resort prices by reserving one of our Redondo Beach vacation packages.