The secret is out: the favorite choice in Hermosa Beach hotels isn’t in Hermosa Beach at all. Guests have discovered Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach Hotel, located just half a mile from the oceanfront bliss of Hermosa Beach.
Crowne Plaza is a full-service Hermosa Beach hotel treating guests to the very best of Southern California. Within minutes you can cruise the beach, hit the club scene, shop for that perfect outfit and more. After an incredible day, return to the inspired comforts of one of the leading Redondo Beach hotels near Hermosa Beach: private spa, ocean view sun deck, dining al fresco and always competitive rates.
Things to Do in Hermosa Beach, California
Head to Hermosa Beach for big fun SoCal-style. This charming beachfront community offers lively entertainment from morning to night, and there’s always something fresh to see and do. See some of our guests’ favorites:
- Hit the Beach – The one and half mile beach is the star of the show. Beautiful golden sand, plenty of room so it’s not too crowded, and idyllic weather year-round.
- Beach Volleyball – The flat sands of Hermosa Beach make it one of the premier destinations in the country for Beach Volleyball, amateur and professional.
- Water Sports – The waves are perfect for surfing and boogey boarding at Hermosa Beach. There are also plenty of safe areas to swim.
- Hermosa Beach Pier – This historic wooden pier is a popular fishing spot.
- The Strand – Southern California’s famous paved bicycle path, The Strand, runs for one and a half scenic miles through Hermosa Beach.
- Comedy and Magic Club – This famous comedy club just off the beach hosts comedian Jay Leno most Sundays, plus other huge names in comedy all throughout the week.
- Hermosa Beach Restaurants – Find a stunning variety of fine dining, ethnic and seafood restaurants in Hermosa Beach.
- Hermosa Beach Shopping – Head to Pier Plaza for free-spirited window-shopping.
Events in Hermosa Beach, California
Hermosa Beach is known for having something new and exciting to see all year long. When you choose our Hermosa Beach hotel, you’re never more than a few minutes away from these popular events and festivals:
- February: Sand and Strand Run – a favorite run/walk event
- March: St. Patrick’s Day Parade – huge holiday parade and festival
- May: Fiesta Hermosa – large arts and crafts fair
- July: Hermosa Ironman – an original take on the triathlon
- July: AVP Hermosa Beach Open – professional beach volleyball tourney
- July: International Surf Festival – professional surf and beach sports competition
- July: Shakespeare by the Sea – waterfront performances of favorite Shakespeare plays
- August: Hermosa Shorts – film festival dedicated to short films
- September: Sunset Concerts on the Beach – live jazz or classical performances
Make the favorite choice in Hermosa Beach hotels, the Crowne Plaza Redondo Beach. For a valuable offer, check out our Redondo Beach hotel deals.